Wednesday, October 24, 2012

euronews science: Danube Delta in danger - say activists



Published on Oct 24, 2012 by
http://www.euronews.com/ Romanian environmentalists are stepping up their efforts to protect the Danube Delta reserve.

It is the largest European wetland and reed bed, with unique flora and fauna and its lakes, channels, marshes and streams cover up to 5,500 square kilometres.

The main danger for the World Heritage area is use of the land by the nine countries bordering the river; agricultural projects which lead to water pollution, overfishing and poaching .

1 comment:

  1. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old
    daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic
    but I had to tell someone!
    Take a look at my web-site ... What Are Swollen Ankles A Sign Of

    ReplyDelete