Friday, June 22, 2012

China: The human organ marketplace



A shortage of suitable organs for transplants is a particularly acute problem in China, where social and cultural taboos make it difficult to get people to become registered donors. Previously, the government had turned to executed prisoners as a major source of organs. But with rights groups criticising the practice, authorities are trying to find alternatives, and in the meantime, a black market has developed, offering big financial rewards that often don't materialise. FRANCE 24 INTERNATIONAL NEWS 24/7 http://www.france24.com

1 comment:

  1. My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right.
    This post actually made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I
    had spent for this information! Thanks!
    Here is my web-site laser spine institute

    ReplyDelete